It’s true that energy-efficient appliances can be more expensive. However, it’s also true that they can save you big money in the long run. If you’re still contemplating whether or not you should shop for energy-efficient windows, read on to find out why this is indeed a good choice.
The Benefits of Energy-Efficient Replacement Windows
- Energy savings. Half of an average household’s annual utility costs are spent on heating and cooling systems. With modern windows, you’re guaranteed to spend less because you will be using less energy.
- Humidity. The air from the outside tends to be at its driest during colder months, causing static electricity, dry throats and skin irritation. This type of window can prevent mold growth, reduce the visibility through fog and repair or replace damaged components.
- Improved natural lighting. Energy-efficient windows have coatings blocking UV rays and heat from the sun. This allows sunlight to heat your home whenever necessary.
- Increased living space comfort. Old windows are highly prone to air leakage and likely have poor insulation. With modern energy-efficient replacement windows, there will be a tighter seal and superior insulation, helping to maintain a more comfortable indoor temperature.
- Less noise pollution. High-quality windows are designed to have glass panes with inert gas to reduce sound transmission. If you live in a noisy area, this can significantly improve your quality of life.
Having window problems? Need emergency roof service? We have you covered at Gresham Roofing and Construction. Call us now at (503) 205-9477 or fill out our contact form to book an appointment for your window or roof estimate.